Sunday, December 29, 2019

Critical Skills And My Writing Assignments - 901 Words

Throughout all my writing assignments, I have developed many critical skills that allows me to simplify my work, and narrow-down my topic to simpler forms. Interestingly, at the beginning of this quarter I was afraid of in-class writing essays because I am a super slow in writing and thinking. However, after writing several drafts for every assignment, my understanding of the critical skills gradually increased to the point where I wrote well organised essays within the time limit. I think I am ready to progress to ESL 5 because of developing the essential skills, which are compulsory for writing well-organized essays at college level. These crucial skills include content organization and analysis . In addition I would still have to improve my time management skills to quickly organize and write my thoughts down on paper. As the quarter continued to go ahead, I learned about several ways to organize the main points of the essay.. In most of my earlier writings I had difficulties with organizing my thoughts and writing them down in a cohesive way. For instance, in one of my writings about Social Networking, in my outline; I planned to talk about the 2 negative effects of social networking and 1 positive effect however, the order of combining my thoughts did not match the thesis statement I planned to write. After writing the second draft, I learned how to layout my thoughts effectively before writing the essay. Firstly, I would introduce the 3 main ideas in the outline, thenShow MoreRelatedSemester Reflection994 Words   |  4 Pagesstarted, I had set my mind that I was destined to achieve a lot. During the start of the semester, I had several difficulties writing English assignments especially in terms of grammar. During the first week of the semester, I sat down, organized my thoughts and comprehend ed that throughout the semester, I had to achieve all that I had planned for. As a student of English, I had planned that throughout the semester, I had to improve my skills as a scholar, writer and critical thinker. Now that theRead MoreI Am From Saudi Arabia And My Native Language Essay1524 Words   |  7 PagesEnglish in an American school learn more much grammar and writing skills than Americans themselves. It is just the fact in every language. For example, I am from Saudi Arabia and my native language is Arabic: if I was asked to write a formal essay in Arabic I would not be able to write it. The reason that I don’t have the eagerness because I feel it is my first language and I don’t need to learn about my language’s grammar or writing skills. This applies to many native speakers. However, I am veryRead MoreCritical Thinking Skill At Me My Professor948 Words   |  4 Pagesscience major I am not given the opportunity to explore my imagination; everythin g that I learn is factual and unquestionable. Having the opportunity to take an advanced course such as English 1301, opened the window to a world of imagination, information, and wisdom. Prior to taking this course I struggled with different writing skills such as, understanding the process of writing, analyzing reading selection and applying basic critical thinking skill in an argumentative essay. I also struggled with theRead MoreMy Writing Is Easy Isn t Doing It Right985 Words   |  4 PagesAuthor and professor of writing, Amy Joy stated â€Å"Anyone who says writing is easy isn t doing it right† Learning what I have about the writing process over this past semester, I can now confidently say that Amy Joy is absolutely correct! Writing has never been my strong point but taking on the challenge to turn that around has been extremely rewarding. My lack of confidence in my writing skills would always come across in my assignments. It was clear that I needed guidance with grammar, sentenceRead MoreWhere Is Your Writing?1128 Words   |  5 Pagesis Your Writing? A learner’s ability to communicate effectively through writing to his/her target audiences is a major prerequisite for academic success. It is also a major pillar of success in one’s career across all areas of practice. Even though, writing clearly is critical to one’s academic and career success, I have not always loved writing. In fact, for a long time I despised writing. At one point, I had a feeling that my writings skills were bound to remain stagnated throughout my life. HoweverRead MoreWhere Is Your Writing?1118 Words   |  5 Pagesis Your Writing? A learner’s ability to communicate effectively through writing to his/her target audiences is a major prerequisite for academic success. It is also a major pillar of success in one’s career across all areas of practice. Even though, writing clearly is critical to one’s academic and career success, I have not always loved writing. In fact, for a long time I despised writing. At one point, I had a feeling that my writings skills were bound to remain stagnated throughout my life. HoweverRead MoreMy Experience On Business Communications1228 Words   |  5 Pages My experience in business communications has helped me in my personal and professional life. I enjoyed being in class because I learned important things that are helping me in my college education and also in my personal life since the begging of the semester. First, I learned the importance of effectively communicating with others and the importance in planning messages in order to deliver the right messages to the right audience. For example, the impromptu presentation we made in the first fewRead MoreAnalysis Of The Outliers By Malcolm Gladwell866 Words   |  4 PagesCritical thinking can be the foundation to learning and to success. Thinking influences every aspect of life yet it is often taken for granted. The ability to think critically requires practice but it is important to look past what might be the obvious way of seeing things. In doing so it becomes easier to formulate a claim based on facts rather than opinions. These are some of the skills that I began to develop in the first assignment on Arguing Ethically/Thinking Logically. This was based on ChapterRead MoreMy Writing For Academic Success1114 Words   |  5 Pageseffectively through writing to his/her target audiences is a major prerequisite for academic success. It is also a major pillar of success in one’s career across all areas of practice. Even though, writing clearly is critical to one’s academic and career success, I have not always loved writing. In fact, for a long time I despised writing. At one point, I had a feeling that my writings skills were bound to remain stagnated throughout my life. However, time has proven that I was wrong. My attitude and outlookRead MoreMy Progress as a Reader and Writer Essay1375 Words   |  6 PagesEnglish 20M-Section 2 12 May 2011 My Progress as a Reader and Writer in English 20M If I had a time travel machine, I would love to go back to our class’s first meeting. It was such a memorable day. I was so nervous that my first piece of writing seemed less than mediocre as I reflected on what I had written that day. While being happy that my name was randomly chosen to be added to the class, I was very scared of this class. The last time I wrote an essay was two years ago, and before this class

No comments:

Post a Comment